How have you redesigned your classroom so that students are using their devices on your terms?....
Used with permission (Aleesha's Google+ page.)
- I tell them them to "put that away, or close the lid"
- We block YouTube in the school.
- They can't use their cameras or microphones to record lessons. It is against our 'Acceptable Use' guidelines.
- I give them large chunks of text or get them to record me for 10 minute blocks. Then in teams of three, they create mind maps, and shared notes to construct meaning from the information.
- They maintain their own blogs. They record the learning intentions at the start of every lesson then reflect on what they have learned. They find links to more information or add links to peer blogs. It's like their own diary.
Share your practice on this editable Google Doc or leave a response below.
"When students are left to their own devices (literally), you have more chance they will be engaged in something other than the objectives of your lesson."